The Future of the Magazine Form
The Future of the Magazine Form: Research Perspectives and Prospects
Please make your selection from the highlighted items below:
Download current version of project proposal
- Project Proposal - This is the project proposal as a large PDF file. Also include are three attachments: Detailed chapter descriptions, summary biographies of the contributors and the vitas of David and Marcia.
Links to useful information for contributing authors:
Links to useful research information:
- Bibliography of Magazine-Related Research - Elegantly organized and extensive in its coverage, this compilation, Bibliography of Published Research on Magazine and Journal Periodicals [Ames: Iowa State University, 2012] by Marcia Prior-Miller, one of the project's co-editors, is now in its eighth edition. Recommended for all project authors as an excellent starting point in their research.
- Magazine-Related Articles in JMCQ - David Sumner, one of the project's authors, recently surveyed JMCQ issues from 1990 to 2010, looking for articles on magazines. And since the Journalism and Mass communication Quarterly may be the the dominant journal in the discipline, it is certainly worth a look. Hope it proves useful, and many thanks to David.
- Bibliography of Magazine-Related Books - A second bibliography kindly contributed by David Sumner of books about magazine published from 1990 to 2010. The list is adapted from the bibliography of his recent book, The Magazine Century (2010).
- Abstracts of AEJMC Presentations - A file containing links to all abstracts of all of the research papers of all divisions and interest groups of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication from 1997 to 2012.